Does Toreo Data connect directly to the SAP BO Universe?
Yes! With Toreo Data 2.0 we have increased the functionality to tap into the SAP BusinessObjects Universe directly. Book a discovery call today and we’ll get you started.
What is Toreo Data?
Toreo Data is an ODBC Driver that’s installed on a client machine for development and installed on a server to support server based products.
How is Toreo Data licensed?
By desktop and/or server.
What does Toreo Data do?
Toreo Data makes SAP BusinessObjects content appear as Data Elements (a table) in an ODBC connection.
What content can I use with Toreo Data?
- SAP BusinessObjects Universe
- SAP BusinessObjects Desk Intelligence (DeskI) – using an SAP Universe
- Crystal Report on server
- Crystal Reports stand alone
- SAP BusinessObjects Web Intelligence (WebI) reports
How does Toreo Data work?
Toreo Data takes output of content types and presents it as a table. It uses the final version of data for consumption; meaning it can use formula columns from content. It allows reuse of SAP BusinessObjects content for any ODBC compliant end tool.
How is security integrated with Toreo Data?
Toreo Data leverages SAP BusinessObjects Security by logging into the platform using credentials provided by the administrator at the ODBC configuration. It can be setup to use Active Directory Authentication and leverages Row Level Security setup in the SAP Universe.
How does Toreo Data connect with SAP BusinessObjects?
It can connect to internal SAP BusinessObjects deployments as well as public deployments. The data is delivered to the calling program via ODBC protocol.
What are the advantages of using Toreo Data?
- Continue to leverage EBI as appropriate
- Link your EBI and Data Visualization strategy
- Use existing and future visualization tools with a focus on end user success
- Provide IT a clear path to establishing overall BI strategy without limiting end user visualization tool choices
- Eliminate parallel redundant data visualization efforts
- Create a future where departments and users are free to choose their own tool (while leveraging IT for EBI)
- Provides one universal ODBC Driver (vs multiple drivers or platforms which are dependent on the visualization tool)